protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] getting installation dir from autostuff

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] getting installation dir from autostuff
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:48:02 +0100

On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 10:32:33 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> > if now you compile it with
> >     gcc program.c -o program -D INSTALLPATH=\"/usr/local/bin\"
>
> that's the point. I'd like to know if autostuff is defines some "INSTALLPATH"
> variable, and which it is
>
> so I will remove the literal "/usr/local/" from GlobalProperties.cc
> and replace it with a precompiler macro/variable

i think it is defined in a variable called PREFIX or something like this.
I'm trying to learn autostuff too, and as far as i understand it now, that's
exactly why the config.h.in and config.h files are there. The config.h file is
generated from the config.h.in file by the configure script, and contains
several useful #defines... i'm sure there's a way to add the install-path to
this file, so you'll only have to include it in GlobalProperties.cc... among
other things config.h usually contains also release versions.

Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc