protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] getting installation dir from autostuff

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] getting installation dir from autostuff
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 15:34:30 +0100

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:58:11 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> do you have some tip on how to get the installation dir from autostuff
> from withing the code ?
> something like, QString p = getenv("INSTALLPATH") ?

Hej,

perhaps this is what you want: add this line somewhere at the begining of
src/Makefile.am in protux:

CXXFLAGS = -DPREFIX=\"@address@hidden"

then run again automake in the top directory.
So all the files in src/ will be compiled with
        g++ ... -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" ...
or whatever you set the prefix variable to when you call ./configure.
Then you can access the variable in the code as any other #define.

There are a lot of other path-variables out there, but i think that @prefix@ is
the right one. AFAIK @bindir@ for example is normally just defined as
@prefix@/bin (if you don't overide it with some strange ./configure options).

srcdir = @srcdir@
top_srcdir = @top_srcdir@
VPATH = @srcdir@
prefix = @prefix@
exec_prefix = @exec_prefix@

bindir = @bindir@
sbindir = @sbindir@
libexecdir = @libexecdir@
datadir = @datadir@
sysconfdir = @sysconfdir@
sharedstatedir = @sharedstatedir@
localstatedir = @localstatedir@
libdir = @libdir@
infodir = @infodir@
mandir = @mandir@
includedir = @includedir@
oldincludedir = /usr/include
pkgdatadir = $(datadir)/@PACKAGE@
pkglibdir = $(libdir)/@PACKAGE@
pkgincludedir = $(includedir)/@PACKAGE@

hope that helps

Martin

PS: Luciano, sorry for CCing you, but my last 2 mails didn't seem to find their
way to the list.

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc