protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] Re: Binary release? Virtual table problems.

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Re: Binary release? Virtual table problems.
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:35:32 +0100

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:29:29 -0200
Fabio dos Santos <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm gathering money to buy a sound-cards (any
> recomendations?) semi-pro. I was thinking of buying a delta-44 (ALSA
> supports it), but its costs about R$1.400,00

There is also the midiman audiophile 2496 which has the same converters as the
delta 44 (it's also in the delta serie) but has only 2 channel, but has also
midi, digital in/out and a wavetable. Cheaper than the delta 44 but it's still
pretty expensive...

I just replaced my old SB Vibra 16X (ISA !!!) with a SB Live 5.1 (PCI), and
Protux runs already a lot better ! Less segfaults and buffer underruns... So
Protux becomes usable ! (it was almost never possible to record more than 2-3
seconds before)
But it still segfaults usually when i 'unset the track recordable' (pressing
<RT> after recording)...

So for those of you who also still use an old ISA card... consider upgrading to
a PCI card... it's worth it.

Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc