pspp-users

Size of top level windows [was: Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?]

From: John Darrington
Subject: Size of top level windows [was: Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?]
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:23:49 +0800

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 10:33:07PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     The data editor's default size is set to 975x480 pixels.  Pretty
     wide but I'm surprised that it overflows the width of your
     screen.

I suspect Paul's problem #1 is a direct result of his problem #2.

     It seems like it should be possible to shrink the default width
     of the data editor, but I had no luck doing it in Glade.  John?

I don't know about doing it with glade, but you can edit line 7 of
data-editor.glade to get the same result.

Note however that the default width is just that; the default.
Windows (and other container widgets) size themselves to the the
natural size of their contents.  So you can't resize it to anything
smaller than the widest child widget (which on my system is the status
bar; 819 pixels wide).

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3