qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu and OS/2

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu and OS/2
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:57:24 +0100

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 06:31, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> J. Mayer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 22:19, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> >>The installation still crashes qemu, only thing that is different now is
> >>that instead of segfault i now get abort.
> >
> > My fault:
> > I missed to tell you to comment the abort call in Fail macro (still in
> > sb16.c)
>
> Ok, did this, and now it just hangs, it doesn't ask me for the next
> image or anything, it hangs in the first graphical OS/2 Warp logo.

Well, it seems to hang 1 over 2 tries, for me.

> >>I don't think there is anything special after the first 2 disks, after
> >>that the installation just copies the files. so if we can get through
> >>the first 2 disks i would guess that things should go well after that.
> >>Did it ask you for the CD?
> >
> > In fact, I retried and it's now asking for disk2, so I cannot go on.
>
> Ok, if you wish to try one more disk, it's up at the same location where
> you got the first disks.

I did launch the second disk, but merlin crashes exactly the same way
OS/2 3 does, at the same address, with almost all registers identical.
As it dumps the segment limits, I'm afraid that Fabrice may be right: it
may rely on segment limits so we won't have OS/2 support soon....

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized