qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU with KNOPPIX

From: Piotr Krysik
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU with KNOPPIX
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:35:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

It can work in Windows, if you implement support
of cloop-compatible image format in Qemu executable.

Just look at qcow compressed image format. Qemu
doesn't require any additional services from host
OS. The decompression is implemented by Qemu and
is transparent for guest.

The example I gave is meant to help you evaluate
benefits before starting implementation of cloop
image format for Qemu.

Regards,

Piotrek