qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated BGR vs. RGB vga patch...

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated BGR vs. RGB vga patch...
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:59:33 +0100

On Monday 10 April 2006 17:51, Leonardo E. Reiter wrote:
> I was talking about enabling the use of the -bgr flag at compile time,
> to save the check at runtime if the user doesn't even care about the
> flag, not forcing the determination of the blit order altogether at
> compile-time.  In any case, this is moot, your clarification on how to
> better implement it makes it much more clear to me and is a much better
> idea.  Mails to the list are a bit delayed, that's all ;)

Ok. For the record I also think it's a bad idea to have features conditionally
compiled. Either something is worth including, or we have to ask whether
there's any point having it in qemu at all.
The exception being debug code, which probably isn't useful unless you're
already building qemu from source.

Paul