qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:02:34 -0600 (MDT)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Andreas_Färber <address@hidden> writes:
:
: Am 26.04.2009 um 21:49 schrieb Anthony Liguori:
:
: > Avi Kivity wrote:
: >> Can we move to
: >>
: >> v0.10.0
: >> stable/0.10
: >
: > v0.10.0 as a tag looks good to me.
: >
: > stable/0.10 feels a little awkward.  I never have gotten quite used
: > to this style of tagging (using file-like hierarchies).
: >
: > I'm not super opinionated about it either way.  I'm interested to
: > see what other people think.
:
: +1 for v0.10.2
:
: I don't see the point of having stable/0.10 though. Why do we need
: multiple stable? stable will be branched as v0.10.x, then after the
: last 0.10.x release, stable can be hard-reset to master and branched
: as v0.11.x when ready, and so on.

It allows people to grab the historical branches if they want...

Warner