Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:33:34 +0300

Andreas Färber wrote:

I don't see the point of having stable/0.10 though. Why do we need multiple stable? stable will be branched as v0.10.x, then after the last 0.10.x release, stable can be hard-reset to master and branched as v0.11.x when ready, and so on.

Repurposing branches is evil. Someone regularly pulls for stable, one day it changes to something completely different. Curses.

Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to