Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:32:32 +0300

Anthony Liguori wrote:

stable/0.10 feels a little awkward. I never have gotten quite used to this style of tagging (using file-like hierarchies).

It's useful if you have multiple categories of branches (personal development branches, formal maintenance branches, semi-formal branches for early sharing). Probably not so important for the master repository.

I'm not super opinionated about it either way.

Pity, it's even better bikeshedding material than directory layouts.

Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to