qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 2/6] Use machine options to emulate -no-kvm-irqc

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 2/6] Use machine options to emulate -no-kvm-irqchip
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:46:53 -0500

Marcelo Tosatti <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 04:30:26PM +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> On 2012-10-04 16:21, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> > -no-kvm should be included too.
>>
>> Reminds me that we still need to agree on the final default accel strategy.
>
> Default accel=kvm for x86_64 targets, no fallback.

Ack.

BTW, if you want to override this, you can just do:

[machine]
accel=kvm:tcg

In /etc/qemu/target-i386.conf

So the distros can do whatever they like in their packages.

We should instruct users how to do this in an error message too in case
they want to permanently disable kvm because they don't have appropriate
hardware suport.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori