qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] qemu-system-ppc64 -M ppce500 always booting to qemu monit

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] qemu-system-ppc64 -M ppce500 always booting to qemu monitor console plus no output on serial console
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:38:10 +0100

On 16.12.15 13:52, Do Vincenzo wrote:
> Yes, it does support the e500 qemu machine.
>
> As far as I know to support the e500 qemu machine the only option to activate
> in the guest kernel is CONFIG_PPC_QEMU_E500=y right?

Please don't top post on this mailing list :). Just write your replies
below the previous ones at the place the original question was.

Yes, the option is correct. So that's not the problem. One thing you
could try is to pass the uImage into -kernel rather than the kernel.

If that doesn't help, we need to dive into some debugging :). Boot the
VM with the -s -S parameters. Then on a different shell do

  $ gdb vmlinux -ex 'target remote localhost:1234'

In the following gdb shell, type

  (gdb) c

after a bit, Ctrl-C and checl where you are

  (gdb) bt

Also try to print the log buffer:

  (gdb) x /200c __log_buf

That should give some hints on what's going wrong.

Alex