qexo-general

Re: [Qexo-general] ffully qualied filenames

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] ffully qualied filenames
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:26:13 -0800

Jeff Kish wrote:
Hi.
I'm trying to get a query to run using a fully qualified filename, but can't seem to figure out the problem.

Well, technically, the 'doc' function (it's been renamed from
'document') takes a URI (relative or absolute), and "c:/temp/test.xml"
is not a valid URI.  However, I agree it would be convenient to allow
this as an extension - and that was certainly my intention.

It runs fine if I just have the filename itself, or "../test.xml and run from the directory the file is in, but I'd like to be able to put this in a java file and run it from anywhere, so I need to be able to use a fully qualified name.

It would be more correct to use an absolute file: URL.

Anyway, I checked into CVS a patch that I hope fixes the problem.
It's a hassle for me to test it on Windows, but I believe it should
work.  Please let me know if it does or doesn't.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/