qexo-general

[Qexo-general] Re: ffully qualied filenames

From: kishjjrjj
Subject: [Qexo-general] Re: ffully qualied filenames
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:07:57 -0500

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:57:25 -0500
 address@hidden wrote:
<snip>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: ffully qualied filenames (Per Bothner)
>    2. Re: Error Question (Per Bothner)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:26:13 -0800
> From: Per Bothner <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] ffully qualied filenames
> To: Jeff Kish <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Jeff Kish wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I'm trying to get a query to run using a fully qualified filename, but
> > can't seem to figure out the problem.
>
> Well, technically, the 'doc' function (it's been renamed from
> 'document') takes a URI (relative or absolute), and "c:/temp/test.xml"
> is not a valid URI.  However, I agree it would be convenient to allow
> this as an extension - and that was certainly my intention.
>
> > It runs fine if I just have the filename itself, or "../test.xml and run
> > from the directory the file is in, but I'd like to be able to put this
> > in a java file and run it from anywhere, so I need to be able to use a
> > fully qualified name.
>
> It would be more correct to use an absolute file: URL.
>
> Anyway, I checked into CVS a patch that I hope fixes the problem.
> It's a hassle for me to test it on Windows, but I believe it should
> work.  Please let me know if it does or doesn't.
> --
>       --Per Bothner
> address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/

I apologize, but I have had several problems getting wincvs up and running.
I'll keep trying as
time allows.
Is there just a jar I can grab off the web?

Finally, when you say:
It would be more correct to use an absolute file: URL

What exactly do you mean? (can you give me a verbatim example)
Regards,
Jeff

On another note..

I have, once again a non-functioning query I am beating poor Qexo up with. I'm
not sure of the
problem (once again I tested it with galax also). Actually I am using Qexo from
a small test
application that uses the jar. If you have an idea about the problem I'd
appreciate it.

 for $b in document("myfile.xml")//textbox
 where $b//@dataattribute = "contractnum"
$b/@menutype } </menutype>}
</e>

It dies with:
gnu.mapping.UnboundSymbol: Unbound symbol name
        at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getDefaultSymbolValue(Interpreter.java:651)
        at gnu.expr.Interpreter.getSymbolProcedure(Interpreter.java:668)
        at lambda.apply(<string>:1)
        at gnu.mapping.CallContext.runUntilDone(CallContext.java:289)
        at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.evalModule(ModuleExp.java:188)
        at gnu.expr.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:613)
        at gnu.expr.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:549)
        at gnu.expr.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:531)
        at RunXQuery.main(RunXQuery.java:105)