qsos-general

Re: [QSOS-general] ideas QSOS v2 format

From: PELISSE Romain
Subject: Re: [QSOS-general] ideas QSOS v2 format
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:59:25 +0100 (CET)

The list seems to be a good idea and is backward compatible.

However, as Mylene, i doesn't like the a,b,c system because of the backward
compatibility problem. Anyway, it doesn't really fixes the problme... (people
will still believes that 'a' means bad and 'c' means 'good').

I rather used something as -1 for this... This way we'll a lot less trouble
making old tools compliant to QSOS 2.0 and we'll avoir any kind of confusion (
It'll be quite hard to believe -1 is rating, anyway we can use a another score
like -666 :) ).

>From my point view, we should then add a visual features ( maybe icon) on
>tools like JQeditor and QtEditor to mark that the features is not
>implemented...

Last point : there is still a problem with those kind of "missing features",
who to compare products with missing features ?