quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for 0.43?

From: John Vandenberg
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for 0.43?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:35:09 +1100

On 12/28/05, Jean Delvare <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wouldn't it be the right time for a new release of quilt, say, 0.43?
> It's been 5 months since we released 0.42, and there have been quite a
> few improvements and fixes since then.
>
> There's only one thing I'd like to see fixed in CVS before we release
> it: the spurious regeneration of quilt.1 at built time. I seem to
> remember that John Vandenberg posted patch to fix this (among other
> things) back in September:
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00324.html
> Can someone review this patch?

Hi Jean,

There are two patchsets I would like to reviewed for 0.43.  The one
you mentioned starts here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00323.html

patch 3/4 allows the tests to be run using the quilt in the local
directory, which makes writing and running tests regularily a lot
easier.

The other patchset fixes a number of bugs in corner cases, each having
a test case in patch 2/6 demonstrating the problem, with patches 2 & 4
correcting the test cases.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00320.html

patch 5 & 6 are enhancements, so disregard those for a quick release.

patch 3/6 rewrites some of the command line parsing code, fixing a few
bugs in the process.  patch 3 makes a few decisions about when
additional error message should be emitted.  Currently quilt is quite
quiet, so this patch makes it a bit noiser in order to demonstrate
cases where I think it could be more helpful.  If this patch is too
much for 0.43, i'll work on a few smaller patches to address those
bugs.

--
John