quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Tests, temporary file leaks

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Tests, temporary file leaks
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:12:53 +0100

On Sunday 29 January 2006 19:56, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hallo Andreas,
>
> > > Note that I did _not_ fully update "import" as there seemed to be some
> > > disagreement on the recent option renaming from -n to -P. Depending on
> > > the outcome, we may need to update bash_completion again before the
> > > release.
> >
> > I don't see an advantage in using -n instead of -P (and thus reverting
> > the -n to -p change). Does anybody think that -P as used in import vs. -P
> > as used in other commands would confuse users?
>
> Don't ask me. I wouldn't have changed any option to -P in the first
> place, at least not without also leaving the original option for now,
> for compatibility purposes. I know that quilt is still in the 0.s so
> no compatibility is guaranteed between versions, but still.
>
> > > If I am, then we should make the help text clearer about that point,
> >
> > How?
>
> Something like this?

Please no ... commands like diff work just the same, and there we also don't
say explicitly that an applied patch must be specified. Isn't it enough to
leave such details out, if unintentional use will give a clear-enough error
message?

> If it's OK I'll apply it. The only downside is
> that it'll require some more translation efforts. I can handle French
> and German but not Japanese.

I'd rather avoid any more translation mess for now. There are several things
to clean up including quoting, but we can do that later.

>  last_patch=$(find_patch_in_series "$1") || exit 1
>
> +if ! is_applied "$last_patch"
> +then
> +     printf $"Patch %s is not applied\n" "$(print_patch $last_patch)" >&2
> +     exit 1
> +fi

Just use find_applied_patch instead of find_patch_in_series.

Thanks,
Andreas