quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Solaris support

From: John Vandenberg
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Solaris support
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:55:16 +1000

Hi Ashok,

On 4/20/07, Raj, Ashok <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

Maybe someone has already done this... . having used this so much on
linux we have been spoiled.!

Iam trying to get this working on OpenSolaris, and found that there are
huge roadblocks..

I have been using quilt 0.44 on Solaris 8, 9 and 10, but it does
require a few configure options in order to kick off the build.  I'll
grab a copy of quilt-0.46 and verify it is still working for me.  If
you are having problems with configure, attach your config.log and
either myself or someone else will take a look.

First it complained about date, ln sed and finally got all these gnu
versions and it continued

We should document these prerequisites for each platform somewhere,
esp. on Solaris as a normal user usually needs to file a IT request to
have the required packages installed.

Unless there are objections or better ideas, I'll draft an INSTALL
document for the various platforms I use quilt on.

Finally stuck with pod2man.. and not too sure how to get this.. looks
like I needed a perl update and then I got stuck with trying to even
configure that..

As Andreas has pointed out "--without-pod2man" bypasses this prereq.

Anyone has a good recipe that they can get it to work on opensolaris..
or some package I can close my eyes and install!

I haven't tried OpenSolaris, so now is as good a time as any to give
it a go... ; I see that there a number of distributions; which one are
you using?

--
John