Re: [RP] Info about workspaces

From: Marcin Kłapkowski
Subject: Re: [RP] Info about workspaces
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:11:13 +0200

Hatem Nassrat pisze:
2009/4/19 Marcin Kłapkowski <address@hidden>:
A little manual or brief should be helpfull a lot. Maybe one page with
standard keyboard shorcuts of ratpoison. I think about all users of

If you run:

    rpws help

There should be a snippet discussing all the commands that rpws
initializes along with the keyboard shortcuts.

Better... In 'ratpoison key bindings' at 'C-t ?' should be all info about
rpws shortcuts, shouldn't be?

I am actually a user just like you. I do however, think that the C-t ?
only shows keybindings that are part of the default set rather than
all the keybindings. i.e. I may be wrong but I think it is a
semi-static help page. So basically I am not sure at the moment how
easy or hard it is to implement that system which you mentioned.

Unfortunatelly, /rpws help/ din't give me more info.
If you have information about other shortcuts in rpws, I will be appreciative.
Specially, I wonder how to change current workspace of some program.

Scenario 1:
I have term opened in workspace 1, and write something like
/    xpdf manual.pdf &/
but I want to launch this xpdf in workspace 2. How will looks like command in this situation?

Scenario 2:
I have mail in workspace 5, and want to move it to workspace 6, because of mess in other workspaces etc. How to do it?

If it is possible, I will be gratefull for any info about it.

Thank you in advance.
Marcin.