Re: [RP] C-t n wierdness

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] C-t n wierdness
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:30:46 -0700

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Brian May
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 01:24:59AM -0700, Shawn Betts wrote:
>> next window cycles through the window list. To see the order windows
>> will be selected in, hit C-t w. The window below the current window
>> with be the next one selected when you hit C-t n. However, you can
>> cycle through the frames in a variety of ways:
>> http://ratpoison.nongnu.org/doc/Frame-Navigation-Commands.html#Frame%20Navigation%20Commands
>
> No, I don't want to cycle through frames, I want to cycle through
> windows in the one frame.
>
> Normally this works fine, occasionally it stops working with no good
> reason.

Oh. If a window is visible in another frame then C-t n will jump to
the frame it's in rather than pull the window into the current frame.
I don't think there is currently a command to either cycle through all
windows not already in a frame or cycle through all windows in the
window list, pulling any that are visible in other frames.

-Shawn