Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff restore 'missing' on os x tiger

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff restore 'missing' on os x tiger
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:38:38 +0000

Chris Kausel wrote:
I created a directory on my desktop called
temp and tried restoring these deleted files into it.

Sorry I can't help with most of your post - I don't use Tiger (although it would be nice, in a way, if my company did...). The normal mode of operation is for rdiff-backup to create the directory that it will restore into, so I suggest that you try your test restore without first creating the target directory.

This doesn't explain why the directory disappears when you do the restore as you have been, so the next thing I'd suggest is running the restore command with -v9 to get more detail.

Given that you are "pretty new at the CLI", it might make sense to post here the exact commands you are using.

Keith
--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |