Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 21:38:23 GMT

    > Could you, please, bump the timeout connection please? I get a
    > disconnect when checking out a branch of emacs.

5 hours isn't enough?  Ok, I changed the timeout I know about to 10.

    Glenn said there's no timeout for bzr+ssh connections.

Maybe Ivan was doing an anonymous checkout?

At any rate, the timeout I know about is vcs:/etc/xinetd.d/bzr-hpss
configured to call /usr/local/bin/bzr-timeout, which is a one-line (ok,
two, counting #!) shell script, now:

exec timeout 600m /usr/bin/bzr "$@"

Is that for anonymous connections?  Glenn, where is anonymous vs. ssh
configured?  I guess I should know, but I don't.

If Ivan was doing an ssh connection, perhaps it is a timeout happening
at the ssh level.  I've long had the following in ~/.ssh/config:
ServerAliveInterval  30
ServerAliveCountMax  10
TCPKeepAlive yes

Although it is hard to be certain of anything in this area ...

karl