Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] what's the matter with the bzr server?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:03:12 +0200

June, 10 at 3:11 Glenn wrote:

> Could you tell us what actually happens?

I get the timeout error.

> How long does the bzr process run for?

The process bzr does not end, ie. I do not get my prompt back.

> Is it doing anything when it dies, or has it been idle for 5 mins?

After 40 minutes, the CPU is pegged at 100%. My guess is that it's idle
as far as the network is concerned.

> Is there still network activity, or has that phase finished?

There is no network activity while the CPU is pegged.

> What is the total size of data downloaded?

282M. I see I am not getting everything as Andreas' rsync fetches 437M.

> It is really hard to say anthing constructive without information.

I hope I am giving enough information. I am sorry I am being so
scattered.

> Perhaps you have fetched all the data, and your machine takes > 5mins to
> actually initialize the repository locally?

I guess not since all the data has not been fetched.

> You can always use the rsync method that Andreas gave to download
> the repository data initially.

I tried that too but wasn't very lucky. I posted what happened.

> We can in principle increase the 300s timeout by passing
> --client-timeout=ARG to bzr serve in /usr/local/bin/sv_membersh, but I
> am not sure if that is a good idea, because clients should _not_
> normally be idle for > 5 mins. Maybe it does make sense though, as I
> speculate above.

I think that would help here.