[Savannah-hackers] What it means to be part of the GNU project (was: Eva

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] What it means to be part of the GNU project (was: Evaluation: OJE)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:19:14 +0200

Richard Stallman writes:
 >          When a software package is submitted to Savannah I therefore assume
 >     that it means the author wants it to become a GNU package.
 >
 > It is clear the author wants that, at least in principle.
 > But he doesn't know exactly what it means, and he can't
 > really agree unless he knows what he is agreeing to.
 > So you need to tell him the explanation.

        I added an additional step in the Savannah registration process
to give more information (all the explanation you sent is in the page).

        * www/register/becomegnu.php: Add information on what it means
          to become a GNU project as suggested by address@hidden It replaces
          the categorization step. It is intented to clarify what it means
          to be part of the GNU project so that people registering new
          projects on Savannah cannot miss it.

        At the end of the page the person who submitted the project is
invited to say 'yes I want this package to become part of the GNU project'
or 'no I don't'.

        I hope this additional registration step is informative enough
and removes the need to send this information by email *after* the project
is registered.

        Cheers,