Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Hosting user groups on Savannah

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Hosting user groups on Savannah
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:46:19 +0100

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 01:47:43AM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Please tell them simply that we have decided we should not host
> pages for organizations--it raises too many complications.
>
> Please change the Savannah instructions to say that we are offering
> hosting for *software projects* and *software documentation projects*,
> not for other activities.

OK. I have changed the paragraph that said:

  Although Savannah is mostly used by software packages it may be used for
  various purposes such as cooperatively editing web pages, organizing Free
  Software events, handling shell account on machines dedicated to the GNU
  project or simply coordinating volunteers acting to further the existence of
  Free Software.

by the following:

  documentation projects</em> are currently being accepted in Savannah. Even
  though Savannah includes tools for cooperative working which could help free
  software associations in their tasks, hosting more general projects raises
  some complications that we are not prepared to handle.

Greetings,
Jaime Villate