[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Re: Emacs mai

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: Re: Emacs maintenance]]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:36:37 +0100

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 09:55:34PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I was simply using the command that appears in the Savannah Web page:
>
>   cvs -d subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co CVSROOT
>
> Actually, this didn't work, so I used what I thought _should_ have
> been there:
>
>   cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co CVSROOT

Oh, I see; you're using the ancient method. To make it work you'd have to use:
  cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/home/cvs co CVSROOT
and edit commitinfo. But you should better not do it this way (you'd be
editing a file that belongs to several projects, the :pserver: method
may be suspended any time, and CVS/SSH is safer).
You should get used to the new method:

  - After logging in Savannah, enter "Account Maintenance" and then "Edit Keys"
    to add your key (follow the directions).

  - After a few minutes (I think it's around 30) your key will be moved into
    place and you'll have CVS/SSH access (you shouldn't have to give any
    password)

  - Follow the steps from the Savannah guide:
     cvs -d subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co CVSROOT

You should also start using CVS/SSH to access the rest of the emacs repository
(a new local copy must be checked out with cvs -d
savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs)

Jaime