[Savannah-hackers] Re: gcc at subversions

From: Jason Molenda
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: gcc at subversions
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:35:15 -0800

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:09:40PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

>  % cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc co gcc
>  cvs server: Updating gcc
>  cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
> `/cvsroot/gcc/gcc': Permission denied
>  cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvsroot/gcc/gcc'
>  cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>
> Or did I make some kind of stupid mistake?

The replicated directories probably won't have the correct group
membership to be writable on subversions by the anoncvs user.  They
need to be writable (of course) to create the read locks that cvs makes.

Subversions-dudes - you can either chgrp all the directories to be
your anoncvs groupid after each rsync, or if you're running cvs
1.11, you can add a line to CVSROOT/config to put the lock files
in a separate directory after each rsync.  Or you could run anoncvs
as root. :-)

Jason