[Savannah-hackers] Re: FOO.gnu.org

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: FOO.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:15:18 -0700 (MST)

    Also, the virtual host alias must be a valid hostname.  I.E. -
    underscores, the '+' symbol, and other valid URL characters can't be used
    in a hostname.  E.G. - www.gnu.org/software/c++ is o.k., but c++.gnu.org
    is not.

Fortunately we don't have a package called c++.  We used to have G++,
but it was folded into GCC.  We used to have libg++, but it is
somewhat obsolete, and it is not mentioned in /software/software.html.

Could someone take a look and see which GNU packages would have this
problem--if any?