Re: [Savannah-hackers] Jabber Server

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Jabber Server
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:22:04 +0000

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 04:14:52PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> >  > There's a guy named Jeroen who is interested in talking about wanting
> >  > to integrate a Jabber server into savannah.
> >  >
> >  > We've had discussions a few times about setting up our own IRC
> >  > servers, so that we're not using "openprojects".  It sounds like
> >  > Jabberd can both handle the load properly, and is easy to maintain.
> >  >
> >  > Can I put him in touch with someone on savannah-hackers to talk about
> >  > it?
> >  >

> >     Not me ;-) Interesting thing but no time for it. It would be time
> > well invested if he could port a Jabber interface to phpGroupWare.
>
> I think it's not difficult to do, Jabber is very modular. I will look at
> both Jabber and phpGroupWare and think how an interface should look
> like. If there is somebody who is interested in it and/or has already
> ideas about it, please let me know.

Well I don't have much freetime either, but I'm desperately looking for an
Instant Messenger to use it in an international project where we need to talk
to each other in real time, and jabber looks like a good option.
I don't know much about phpGroupWare yet, but I can assist you with the setup
in Savannah.

Jaime