Re: [Savannah-hackers] Jabber Server

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Jabber Server
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:14:52 +0100

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 06:48:41AM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Loic Dachary <address@hidden> -----
>
> Jeff Bailey writes:
>  > Hey'all!
>  >
>  > There's a guy named Jeroen who is interested in talking about wanting
>  > to integrate a Jabber server into savannah.
>  >
>  > We've had discussions a few times about setting up our own IRC
>  > servers, so that we're not using "openprojects".  It sounds like
>  > Jabberd can both handle the load properly, and is easy to maintain.
>  >
>  > Can I put him in touch with someone on savannah-hackers to talk about
>  > it?
>  >

>       Not me ;-) Interesting thing but no time for it. It would be time
> well invested if he could port a Jabber interface to phpGroupWare.

I think it's not difficult to do, Jabber is very modular. I will look at
both Jabber and phpGroupWare and think how an interface should look
like. If there is somebody who is interested in it and/or has already
ideas about it, please let me know.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: address@hidden