[Savannah-hackers] Re: [fwd] www: GIF files

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [fwd] www: GIF files
Date: 19 Jan 2002 14:07:28 -0500

Jeff Bailey <address@hidden> writes:

> I just assumed it was more spam and deleted it.  A mailing list would
> never send a message.

Your use of the past tense in your first sentence suggests that you
also received a copy of the same message.  Is this true?  If so,
that's interesting, because my copy of the message looks like it's
addressed ONLY to me.

This is not just ordinary spam.  If it wasn't sent by legitimate GNU
folk, then this is a potential security problem.  It appears that
someone is attempting to get various GNU folks to do jobs from
anonymous sources.  Not to be taken lightly!

        Mark