Re: [Savannah-hackers] Is there a limitation on the project type?

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Is there a limitation on the project type?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:21:11 +0100

Le jeu 14 mar 2002 à 18h06, Patrick Ohnewein a écrit :
Hello savannah team,

I have read the docs on the savannah site, but couldn't face out if it is agreed to open even less important projects. Let me explain, a friend of mine would like to learn to code in Java and he plays chess. So he would like to write a chess program from scratch. Now I would give him some help and therefore we need some repository (CVS) on the net to share and synchronize the code.

I would like him to put the code under the GPL and as repository I think savannah would be a nice place, but only if you would like to have such kinds of projects on it. Don't know if you just accept more "mission critical" projects.

If it doesnt exist a Free Software chess project in java that you can help, why not ?

Sure, a project started on savannah should have a future, not just a test..

But Loic or Jaime will give you a clear answer (I'm not competent for that).

A+ --
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org