Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Rindolf

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Rindolf
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:58:56 +0100

 > The SPEC is published under the Open Publication License. This piece of
 > information will be updated shortly (due to your request).

        I wonder if you're aware of the problems attached to the
Open Publication License.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#FreeDocumentationLicenses

 > That would be the third time I have to submit my project again. Can you
 > please acknowledge the record that is already present in the database?

        I understand this is inconvenient for you. We can continue this
conversation to a point where we agree, then you'll submit the project.

 > Furthermore, the SPEC implies nothing on the future code. Some Free
 > Software projects implement standards whose specification is not
 > distributed under a free content license and that does not makes them any
 > less free.

        It does make them less free. But that's another discussion, I
guess ;-) The point is that Savannah hosts free software and free
documentation. It does not host non free software or non free
documentation.

        Cheers,