Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking too

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking tool - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:33:36 -0400

    > Meanwhile, another relevant point is that it is useful
    > only for running non-free software.

    How did you conclude that?  I can't find anything mentioning non-free
    software in the discription.

If the game is free, you don't need this program.
You only need it for running a non-free game.

Ordinary reverse engineering tools are used to explore the function of
a non-free program; but not in order to run the non-free program.
This one is different.  It is not meant to help you write another game
that might be free.  It is specifically for running the non-free game.