Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah CVS update performance...

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah CVS update performance...
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 02:38:30 +0100

Eric Blossom wrote:

I've attached a log below.  Note that there's only a single modified
file in the tree, tx_am.py and it's only 2KB long.  I don't think your
problem is bandwidth, looks like something else.  Taking 1:20 to
determine that there's a single file modified seems like about 1:10
too long...

The same operation with the same context takes 4 sec locally on the CVS server, does not looks like a load limitation.

It just took me a whoping 6 sec to do the same test from Paris, France. I'm on a regular home 512k DSL. Does not look like a bandwidth problem.

I'm not sure the load and bandwidth parameters have changed a lot since 1 hour when you ran your test (at least in that order of magnitude : 10x slower according to you). Sorry, but no evidence that Savannah is at fault :).