Re: [Savannah-hackers] notification e-mail bug

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] notification e-mail bug
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:16:13 -0500

%% Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

  sb> For some reason I cannot manage to get notified of bug changes (new
  sb> bugs work fine) at my project so I cannot reproduce the problem :/

I don't think anything has been fixed relating to notification.  At
least, all the behavior on savannah.gnu.org seems identical to me.  I
created a test account on Savannah, with a test mail address, so I could
be clear about who was getting email under which conditions.

- People filing a new bug DO get an email about it.

- The registered mail accounts for the project DON'T get notified when a
  new bug is filed.

- If the admin modifies a bug then NEITHER the originator of the bug nor
  the registered mail accounts for the project get any notification.

- If the user adds a note to the bug then NEITHER the originator or the
  registered mail accounts get any notification.

I only waited about 1 hour for the notifications, but the one that did
work arrived in seconds so I don't think this is the problem.

Is it really the case that this is supposed to be fixed in
savannah.gnu.org?  Or, maybe this is only fixed in Savane or something?

Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools