Re: [Savannah-hackers] Hi good free source people 4

From: Ed van der Meulen
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Hi good free source people 4
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:18:55 +0200

At 17-8-2004 18:28 +0100, you wrote:
Hello Ed,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 02:43:06AM +0200, Ed van der Meulen wrote:
> Conclusion
>
> My latest email
>
> We belong to the social movement. That's a certainty. It's certain soundly
> based on famous scientists. Some see it also as political. Also to
> understand. And we promote our views vividly. Not only in our own circles
> but to everyone.
>
> I am asleep now
>
> I hope you don't underestimate me,

In relation to your emails (0, 1 & 2) I would like to point out that
Savannah if Free Software infrastructure, made available to the Free
Software community.  Savannah is not Open Source infrastructure.

I know that. My project is also free software. Open software is wider used todays.

Though, at one point in time, the ideals behind the Open Source
comminity were somewhat akin to our own, that is not true anymore.  We
value our Freedom, which is why we take such an ethical stance.

We don't have to discuss about open source or free source. Or software. I extend it also to sciences and papers, all free.

For more information, please see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

If you still insist on attempting to change our minds on Open Source,
please address such discussions to Richard Stallman, of the GNU
project: address@hidden

You misunderstand me.

In regard to creating a new user account at Savannah, and it taking
30 days, that is not true.  It takes a few minutes, if you reply to
the confirmation email in a timely fashion.  To register at Savannah,
see https://savannah.gnu.org/account/register.php.

Best,
Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4
I thank you Elfyn but please believe me now I am a supporter of Free software, papers and scientific findings.

You could read that in my second email as well. Please don't ask me it again. I am now clear enough I hope.

Have a nice time

Ed