Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of libpowermate - savannah.nongnu.org

From: asubedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of libpowermate - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:28:50 -0500

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 19:48 -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Manuel Sainz de Baranda <address@hidden> described the package as
> follows:
> License: lgpl
> Other License:
> Package: libpowermate
> System name: libpowermate
> Type: non-GNU

> libpowermate
>
> My project (it will be finished tomorrow or this weekend) is a tiny
> library to handle and configure the Griffin Technology PowerMate input
> device (http://griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/), plus some test
> ejecutables and a utility to configure the device from the command line.
> It's the base for 2 packages I'll start this mounth to integrate this
> device in The GNOME Desktop (an powermated daemon and a powermate-applet).
> This library is very tiny and all the code is in a single .c file + the
> tipycal .h file neccesary to write programs.
>

> Other Software Required:
> 1) glibc
> 2) Linux kernel with Griffin PowerMate support (driver is GPL and can be
> found in <linux_kernel_sources>/drivers/usb/input/powermate.c)
>
> Other Comments:
> Since I have no webspace to post the code, I would like to create a
> project in Savannah to host it. I'm going to email to
> <address@hidden> to ask where to send the code.

The source files do not have appropriate notices. In order to release
your project properly and unambiguously under the LGPL, please place
copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of
every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy of the plain
text version of the LGPL, available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt, into a file named "COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.
This page contains information for LGPL too.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for
example, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Also, the files say that the copyright holders are you and FSF. Have you
done paperwork with FSF?

Please addresse these issues and send me the tarball with the changes
and I will approve your project.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi