Re: [savannah-help-public] How to reclaim my (old) project?

From: Oliver Heidelbach
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] How to reclaim my (old) project?
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 02:36:34 +0200

Am 28.05.2013 00:11, schrieb Karl Berry:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Nice to hear from you.
>
>    How can I reclaim ownership of GNU V.E.R.A. on Savannah?
>
> Are you sure it existed there?  Do you know the project id?  I do not
> see anything for V.E.R.A. there now.

No, it did not. I am really just looking for a way to be able to update
the package again.

> In the event that there is nothing for vera (sorry, can't keep typing
> all those periods :) on savannah now, the best/fastest thing is simply
> to submit a registration for it, at:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/register/

Thanks, will do.

> The group type would be "official GNU software", and there's no need to
> write more than a few bare-bones words of description, since it is a
> long-established package.  You have to upload a tarball to satisfy the
> automated form, but it can just be a tar of a junk file, or whatever,
> since there are real tarballs on ftp.gnu.org.

Hmm, so does that mean ftp.gnu.org and savannah.gnu.org are two
different repositories? GNU infrastructure is somewhat a closed book to
me, but I thought savannah.gnu.org would just be a modernized interface
to the GNU directory. I might be wrong though.

As I said I lost my server credentials. From what you write I get the
impression ftp.gnu.org would be the preferable location for updates?

Regards,
Oliver Heidelbach

--
Am schwersten sind die Fragen zu beantworten, die wir uns deswegen gar
nicht erst stellen.