[Savannah-register-public] [task #5204] Submission of markonvert

From: Francesco Poli
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5204] Submission of markonvert
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:31:54 +0100

Are you really saying that Savannah won't accept my project *because* it's
under the GNU GPL version 2 ?!?

That is to say, just because it's not upgradeable to *any* future version of
the GPL license?

What if I don't like GPLv3, when the final text is out?
I cannot be sure I will like it, at the moment...

For instance, the AfferoGPL, that you mention as the "prototype" for the
strategy to deal with the so-called ASP-loophole, addresses this "loophole"
with a badly written and non-free clause, IMHO.

I'm *not* willing to give the FSF a blanket permission to add arbitrary
restrictions and/or permissions to derivative works of my code.
The whole point of copyleft is denying such possibility!

Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5204>