[Savannah-register-public] [task #9014] Submission of gPHPEdit

From: Anoop John
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9014] Submission of gPHPEdit
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:07:39 +0000

Do we really have to handle the year issue? I checked out one another GNU
project - gnuchess and it had files that had year in ranges. Would it be
practical to list out 50 years if there are as many years? What is the
advantage of listing out the exact years? Nevertheless I have fixed the issue
in all files under the gphpedit tree except those under the gtkscintilla
folder.

Do we have to include the license notice in the po files and the pot file? I
checked out grep package po files and they don't have that. I have included
the license notices any way.

Regarding the changes in gtkscintilla - the package is under GPL - so the
files have to be GPL I guess(Ref:https://sourceforge.net/projects/moleskine/)
. I have contacted both authors to confirm this and I would believe that it
should be fine since the project has been abandoned long ago as Scintilla has
native GTK support these days.

I have added a pixmaps.license file in the pixmaps folder that is to act as
the license notice for the pixmaps listed inside the file.

One of the first objectives once the git access is approved is to move out
the dependency on scintilla to be a library dependency. But I think it would
be far more convenient for the initial development if we have everything under
the same repository. That is why I am trying to make sure that everything is
in one place.

I think I have addressed all the issues mentioned in the last mail except the
year issue under the gtkscintilla folder which I believe should not be an
issue considering the gnuchess package that I have mentioned.

Kindly approve the git access asap. I am itching to get into development mode
and move on from the legal detective mode :-)