[Savannah-users] Re: PSPP

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Savannah-users] Re: PSPP
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 16:02:42 +0900

I don't see anything resembling a swastika either.

But also note that the swastika has a long history of other uses besides
that of the nazi party, e.g., by many religions, and is still widely
used today in such contexts.  In most cases, I think there are obvious
visual differences from the nazi emblem -- e.g., the nazi emblem is
usually at a 45 degree angle, has clockwise-facing arms, and is
surrounded by a white circle and red field; the Buddhist symbol commonly
used in Japan, by contrast, usually has counter-clockwise facing arms,
is "square" (not angled), and has no special background.

Anyway, the point is, don't jump to the conclusion that something is bad
just because you see a symbol which looks like a swastika.

-Miles

--
Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced.