Re: [Savannah-users] Re: Hosting of FLOSS project that links against pro

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Re: Hosting of FLOSS project that links against proprietary libraries
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:30:26 GMT

    beuc> Free software users mustn't be enticed to use proprietary software.

Most certainly.

However, in general I don't see anything wrong with using
NaturallySpeaking (or proprietary software XYZ) for the specific purpose
of replacing it.  That is exactly what rms had to do to bootstrap GNU,
wrt proprietary Unixes and cc's, as has been pointed out.

I'm not sure if this plays into what is or isn't hosted on savannah, but
FWIW ...