Re: cutting and pasting from vim to vim expands tabs

From: Chuck Vose
Subject: Re: cutting and pasting from vim to vim expands tabs
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 08:19:21 -0700

> To be perfectly honest, I really need to get this
> working with vi/vim as this is the only editor that
> is likely to be installed on all the machines I must
> work with.

I'm not sure that vim 6.3 is going to help much then as most machines
that don't have nano also don't have beta stage upgrades to components.

I hate to say it but I'm not sure that we're really the most qualified
bunch to answer this question however. You might be better served asking
the vim kids, I'll wager it's already been solved even. I don't know if
you googled it or anything (according to the 'how to ask smart
questions' faq it's important to mention this fact for this very
reason).

I tried, but sometimes even I have to say rtfm (which of course includes
googling).

Chuck