silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Silpa: Documentation

From: Vasudev Kamath
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Silpa: Documentation
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 09:08:33 +0530

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Nithin Saji <address@hidden> wrote:
> Currently Silpa has some amount of documentation  in the form of plain html
> files.How should this be ported over ?
>
> We can either keep  the plain html files and add it  to silpa-flask with
> appropriate css or use a documentation tool like sphinx. What approach
> should be taken here?
> I am assuming we will keep the documentation without  splitting it up.

I think we should use sphinx for all documentation and have it hosted
in rtfd.org or some where like that which can be linked from the
actual Silpa. I have seen in some case you have already created some
basic sphinx documentation so I would say go ahead use sphinx. Old
documentation in some cases may be outdated as it was hard linked with
silpa framework previously so we should have module wise documentation
and Silpa documentation should be on how the frame work should be
hosted and other code documentation.

Also sorry I'm unable to review your changes due to my busy schedule,
I've too much on plate and too much to take care besides SILPA itself.
I hope Jishnu is verifying your work and suggesting changes.

I also have some suggestion on git work flow more generically
targetted to every one I should write up about it soon.

Cheers
--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info