Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:24:49 +0100

As Onno Kortmann wrote:

> But I just noticed that there is newer stuff in
> http://www.very-clever.com/download/nongnu/simulavr/, which is very
> confusing as I expected the CVS to be the development area.

Are you referring to simulavr (not simulavrxx) releases?  I ran a
couple of minor bugfix releases on the old codebase to eventually
merge some really old patches I had sitting around.  So far, the old
simulavr tool is still in use by avr-libc's test suite, and as it uses
certain features (like the "coredump") of that, and builds out of the
box on virtually any unix-like system, I currently don't see anyone
who would spend the time of changing that test suite for another
simulator.

I cannot tell you anything about intentions of the simulavrxx
author(s) though.  I once tried compiling it on FreeBSD, but never
really got it to complete that task, for reasons I currently don't
remember anymore.