Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:41:21 +0100

Hi Jörg,
> Are you referring to simulavr (not simulavrxx) releases?  I ran a
> couple of minor bugfix releases on the old codebase to eventually
> merge some really old patches I had sitting around.  So far, the old
> simulavr tool is still in use by avr-libc's test suite, and as it uses
> certain features (like the "coredump") of that, and builds out of the
> box on virtually any unix-like system, I currently don't see anyone
> who would spend the time of changing that test suite for another
> simulator.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this. I'm talking specifically about simulavrxx.
I simply like to improve it (I think it has a very solid architecture and could
with some
polishing supplant the c-based simulavr) and share my patches and therefore I'd
like to know what's happening now.
I do not want to complain but I still like to suggest that there should
be an update somewhere, either on the homepage or in the savannah
news system. The last .tar.gz is from 2008, but the news there is from early
2005(!)

Greetings,

Onno