Re: ./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: ./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:14:11 -0500

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003, Tony Shadwick wrote:
> But quite plainly, it's there:
>
> [erwin:local/src/spamass-milter-0.1.3a] numbski# locate libmilter
> /usr/include/libmilter
> /usr/include/libmilter/mfapi.h
> /usr/include/libmilter/mfdef.h
> /usr/lib/libmilter.a
>
> Just so you know, when I built sendmail, I added the appropriate line
> to site.config.m4 to include miltering, did a ./Build from the top
> level directory, then a ./Build in the libmilter subdirectory, make
> install from the top level, and make install from the libmilter
> subdirectory.
>
> I don't suppose there's a switch I can pass ./configure to let it
> know where to find libmilter?

You can set LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib" ./configure to make sure /usr/lib is
searched when looking for libmilter, although, your gcc should be
searching this directory by default anyway.

I presume the output of gcc -lmilter fails early (can't find
libmilter), while gcc -L/usr/lib -lmilter fails later (undefined
reference to main).

Don Armstrong

--
Quite the contrary; they *love* collateral damage. If they can make
you miserable enough, maybe you'll stop using email entirely. Once

Craig Dickson <address@hidden>

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu