Re: ./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: ./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:15:42 -0600

In the last episode (Mar 06), Tony Shadwick said:
> Sorry to bug you, but I can't find any options available regarding
> switch for ./configure.
>
> When I run ./configure for spamass-milter, it fails:
>
> checking for mi_stop in -lmilter... no
> checking for library containing strlcpy... none required
> checking for mi_stop in -lmilter... no
> configure: error: Cannot find libmilter
>
> But quite plainly, it's there:
>
> [erwin:local/src/spamass-milter-0.1.3a] numbski# locate libmilter
> /usr/include/libmilter
> /usr/include/libmilter/mfapi.h
> /usr/include/libmilter/mfdef.h
> /usr/lib/libmilter.a

More verbose messages are in config.log; search for "checking for
mi_stop in -lmilter", and paste in the next 20 or so lines (or attach
the whole log as an attchment; it should be small).  It could be that
your system needs another library for libmilter to link (which means
another test like the strlcpy one), or it could be some other error.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden