libao's alsa output broken since speechd 0.8

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: libao's alsa output broken since speechd 0.8
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:17:24 +0200

Hi,
I used our libao driver with speechd 0.7.1 and was realy happy with
stability etc.
Some days ago gentoo announced 0.8 and now libao doesn't work with alsa
(set in libao.conf).
When I change it to oss it works as expected.
Some refactoring was done from brailcom since our announcment of libao
but I had no time to check all changes.

My test results are:
Libao 1.1 installed:
0.7.1 works
0.8 doesn't if alsa is set in libao.conf

Any Ideas to solve this problem?
I.ll have a look to libao.c as well but don't have an idea currently!!
Regards
Halim

--
Halim Sahin